- The Text Message I just got. Crypto and delaying laundry?!
- Down 17%. Tech down 25%.
- Homes in August sat on the market an average five days longer than they did a year ago.
- The median listing price in August dropped to $435,000 from $449,000 in July
- The average home sold for less than its list price for the first time in more than 17 months during the four-week period ended Aug. 28, according to Redfin
- Nord Stream Pipeline closed again. Russia booking record profits.
- Long cold winter for Germany.
- Red lights. Looks like Nazi Germany. Portnoy Rant.
- Who are Maga Republicans? 5%, 10% far right? 49%? Far “left” just as dangerous. He just speak to the extremes if he wants to “unite” the country.
White house seeking $12b for Ukraine. In addition to $40b already approved.
- On July 27 Pelosi sells Nvidia stock.
- Aug 26 Government says can’t sell advanced chips to China.
Energy (in California)
August 24 CA bans the sale of gasoline cars by 2035.
August 30: Stop charging electric vehicles. May have rolling blackouts.
Diablo Canyon Closure and then re-open.LA Times:
How much does that plant produce? From PG&E directly:
18,000 gigawatt hours. ~10% of California’s energy needs.
For years, Diablo Canyon has continued to safely produce clean and reliable energy without greenhouse gases (GHG), avoiding 6 to 7 million tons per year of GHGs that would be emitted by conventional generation resources. Built to withstand extreme natural disasters, including earthquakes, Diablo Canyon’s design features state-of-the-art seismic supports
We need energy independence, which means mining too.
- Investment grade debate. Answer from Moody’s. Narrow product line.
- AXA Tesla video and apology.
- Volkswagon sucks at software. This is where most car companies are. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2022-09-01/porsche-boss-faces-software-woes-keeping-vw-steps-behind-tesla-tsla
- Bill that Targets Tesla self-driving approved in CA.
- Tesla FSD 10.69.1 69 minutes non-stop driving in SF.
- Record delivery for Aug and Sept is Shanghai.
- Advertising live Nov 1!?
- $7-9 pricing.
- Sources confirmed the new Nov. 1 launch date, which was previously reported by the Wall Street Journal. Netflix and its exclusive ad partner, Microsoft, have requested ad buyers submit initial bids next week, with a “soft $65 CPM” — the cost per thousand views — meaning that the company is open to negotiating the ad rates. That’s well above industry CPMs of sub-$20.
Joe Rogan: Tim Dillon and Zuckerberg
Pam and Tommy. So dumb! But can’t stop watching. Sex and Rock n Roll.